At Romparound, we CARE. That's why 5% of sales will be donated to the causes and organizations that directly support family caregivers, like the Family Caregiver Association.
Did you know?
- 53MM family caregivers in the US
- 1 out of 4 millennials is a family caregiver
- More than 50% of caregivers don't identify as such
- 61% of family caregivers are women
- 23% of family caregivers are "sandwich caregivers," meaning they are a parent to someone under 18 and caring for someone over 18
Our founder, Megan, found herself in a position she had never imagined she would be in. At 34, in the middle of the pandemic, she moved home to help care for her father, who had been diagnosed with a rare cancer. As an informal caregiver, she was challenged with balancing the emotional toll of caregiving and solving logistical care problems while trying to maintain a full-time job and career. She was fortunate to have people in her life who also had been or were currently informal caregivers, and their support and guidance were crucial reasons she could make it through that challenging period of her life.
Most likely, you know a caregiver; maybe you are one, or were one, or will be one again. To all the caregivers out there, we want you to know that you are not alone.Want to learn more? We've put together some resources for you!
source: "Caregiving in the US Report 2020"; National Alliance for Caregiving and AARP; Archangels Caregiving Insights